To: Chamber of Commerce Members Past and Present
From: Jessica Scowcroft, Executive Director
Dear Chamber Member,
2015 was a great year for the Tucker County Chamber of Commerce with a change in leadership and successful events, new and old. The next year should prove to be even more productive!
- Planned and implemented the 37th Annual Chamber Awards Banquet with Commissioner of Agriculture, Walt Helmick as our guest speaker
- Participated in Tucker County Day at the Capitol
- Planned and executed “Oktoberfest” at the Leaf Peepers Festival with great attendance and financial results
- Conducted our annual Membership meeting with Julie Dzaack, project coordinator for the Heart of the Highlands Trail System as our guest speaker
- Elected 2016 board of directors, welcome new board members Nicholas Carr and Andy Snyder. Thank you to Roxanne Tuesing, Murray Dearborn, Donna Patrick, Steve Drumheller, Nancy Dotson, Sarah Fletcher and John Mutscheller for serving another year.
- Supported ArtSpring Festival
- In the progress of a new website! Keep an eye out for tuckercountychamber.org coming this spring. One of our newest members, Verglas Media, is constructing the site for us.
- Chamber Corner was established in the Parsons Advocate. A bi-monthly column highlighting a chamber member. Maybe yours will be next!
- Working on a new Tucker County Map. Our office will be in touch with advertising opportunities.
- Hosting our first Business after Hours at Canaan Valley Resort on Jan. 13th from 5-8pm. We hope to see you there!
Your past involvement is invaluable to this organization and we thank you for your continued membership in the Tucker County Chamber of Commerce. We have enclosed an invoice for your 2016 membership and a form where you have the opportunity to enter any changes. Please take a minute and return your membership investment with any corrections noted on the form to: Tucker County Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 565, Davis, WV 26260
HERE’S A MEMBER BENEFIT!!
Opening a new business? Expanding your current venture? The Chamber of Commerce can and will schedule and implement an Open House/Business After Hours at your place of business. All you have to do is set a date and (maybe) provide some light refreshments. You will have the opportunity to “pitch” your product to the business and community leaders and members of the press that we have contacted and invited to your event.
The value of one of these events far surpasses your modest membership investment!
We, at the Tucker County Chamber of Commerce, look forward to receiving your membership dues for 2016! Feel free to contact the office with any questions, comments, or to schedule an Open House or Business After Hours event!